Friday, April 3, 2009

Wow... you need to get out more. So do I.

I was at the mall on Wednesday trying to collect various pieces of formal wear for an upcoming interview with my buddy Conor. I am not too good at the shopping think, as a rule, and I for one think malls make it even more difficult. An indecisive person without an agenda stuck at an intersection... that's how I think of it. After traveling to the Inner Harbor here in Baltimore, poking around ESPN Zone turning over the idea of hyperreality in my head to think of something intelligent to say about it, Conor blew my mind and made me look foolish quite simultaneously (not that it's particularly difficult). He looked around the light colored gleaming stone of the cookie cutter American up scale shopping experience and said "I like this mall it reminds me of home." Are you kidding! This, the most unholy of 'cultural' endeavors; reality numbing, buffet-style, life and money sucking, I'll be there next week anyway, 'just add water' social experience makes you feel at home!

Speechless because I'm guilty too. Damn.

No comments:

Post a Comment