Sunday, February 22, 2009

F@#$ My Life... I think there's an online community for everything

The library changed it's hours this semester. Apparently, instead of having general open hours until 2:00 AM, the lobby remains open that late and the stacks are only open until 11:00. I left to go to the computer lab near my dorm but when I returned the library was closed and whats more an entire mid term paper and research packets. I called around campus, and eventually was told to stick it out for about two hours when campus police would eventually search the building on their rounds and let me in.

While waiting for my nightmare to work itself out I called a few friends for comfort and two of the three of them told me to visit www.fmylife.com. The site is like an online open forum that anyone can post on, and tell stories... more or less about how their life sucks. Well, it did make me feel better and I got a good laugh out of a few of them but what I noticed was how easy it has become for people to be a part of everybody elses lives. It doesnt end with celebrities, it isn't limited to famous people in Popular American Culture, anyone can be heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment